Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Length: 1 month
Application Deadline: Friday, 20th September 2019
Duty Station: Nairobi
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the mandated UN Agency working towards a sustainable urbanization and human settlements. UN-Habitat works in over 90 countries supporting people in cities and human settlements for a better urban future. The agency has been focusing on urban development for over 40 years. Working with governments and local partners, its high impact projects combine world-class expertise and local knowledge to deliver timely and targeted solutions. The Regional and Metropolitan Planning Unit (RMPU) is one of the three units in the Urban Planning and Design Branch, along with the City Planning, Extension and Design Unit, and the Climate Change Planning Unit.
- National Urban Policies from pre-feasibility, diagnostic, development, implementation to monitoring and tracking progress.
- Regional, Metropolitan and City-region Planning including in development of corridors, clusters and systems of cities and promotion of a green economy, smart city approach and urban-rural linkages.
- The International Guidelines on Urban and Territorial Planning as well as its rolling out, implementation and monitoring.
- Spatial Planning Frameworks at metropolitan, regional, national and supra-national levels.
- Urban-Rural Linkages; developing tools and implementing the Urban-Rural Linkages: Guiding Principles and framework for action.
More information on: Fuzu