Minimum Qualification: Diploma
Experience Length: 10 years
Application Deadline: Monday, 6th July 2020
The job holder will be the Head of Survey Department and is responsible for all survey and mapping functions on road development projects.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
– Coordinating the development and review of policies, plans and strategies on surveying, GIS and mapping;
– Overseeing maintenance of road reserve boundaries;
– Verifying cadastral, adjudication, photo control and engineering surveys;
– Coordinating publication of plans, maps and charts;
– Providing guidance on standardization and certification of survey equipment;
– Overseeing preparation and submission of technical and administrative reports of the department;
– Supervising and undertaking quality control of in-house and outsourced survey services;
– Monitoring and evaluating the survey and mapping activities;
– Preparing departmental budgets, monitoring and evaluating budget control measures ;
– Managing and developing staff the department.
For appointment to this grade, the officer must have:-
(1) A minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience and at least five (5) years in a Management role in comparable position in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
(2) Masters Degree in Surveying and Photogrammetry or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
(3) Bachelors Degree in Surveying and Photogrammetry or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
(4) Valid Practicing License from Lands Surveyor’s Board (LSB) of Kenya;
(5) Full membership with the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK), (Land Surveyors Chapter);
(6) Letter of Good standing from Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK);
(7) Certificate in Project Management from a recognized institution;
(8) Certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
(9) Proficiency in computer applications;
(10) Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
(11) Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
For the detailed Job Profile and Specification, and general information on KeNHA, please visit the Authority’s website www.kenha.co.ke.
More information on: Brighter Monday