Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Length: 6-7 years
Application Deadline: Thursday, 12th September 2019
Duty Station: Samburu and Laikipia
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in Kenya is implementing an EU-funded project titled“Support to the attainment of Vision 2030 through Devolved Land Reforms in Community Lands of Kenya (GCP/KEN/085/EC).” in close collaboration with the Ministry of Lands and Physical Planning, the National Land Commission as well as the County Governments of Tana River, Turkana, Samburu, Marsabit, Baringo, Nandi, West Pokot and Laikipia.
The Land Technical Officer will be under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Kenya and the direct supervision of the Land Programme Manager.
- In close coordination with the Programme Manager, act as the County programme manager in the full implementation of scheduled activities on land.
- Plan and report in the web-based database all county activities on a monthly basis in collaboration with county programme and administrative officers and in consultation with sector heads.
- Provide the first level of line management to county programme officers and support their engagement with the relevant county ministries (a second level of line management will be provided by the sector heads).
- Under guidance of the programme manager, provide technical support for the establishment and trainings of County Land Management Boards and Ministry of Lands office in the County.
- Guide and provide technical advice on the identification of existing policies, institutional and legal gaps/conflicts for sustainable governance of community lands and natural resources in alignment of the FAO county programme with a) the Country Programming Framework (CPF) and b) the County Integrated Development Plan (CIDP).
- With support from the programme manager, provide methodological recommendations for inclusive and negotiated Land Use Planning with the County Government.
More information on: Job Web Kenya